Thanks to Bill Hodges for this great comparison of a section of Russell St in 1951 and in very recent times.
Thanks to Glen Ward for digging up this old postcard, date unknown. It shows the view of the corners of Russell and Wynyard Streets, with all three buildings shown still present today. The picture shows ‘G. Speich, Stationer, Tumut’
With thanks to Louise Dowell for the picture and description. Click on the picture for the full-sized version: Ian & Fran McDonnell’s Cake Shop. Russell Street next to Coles car park. 1970-1979
A great post-storm shot thanks to Megan Day, taken from the RSL Club looking across to Russell St: (click on picture to get full size)
Thanks to Norm White for this great pic taken on the corner of Wynyard and Russell St: